Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/5/15

Even the homeless are materialistic

Wtf lady?!

I can never understand why homeless persons further burden themselves with acquiring more and more shit. They have no place to put it! I snapped this picture in Spain; but have observed the very same, practically identical, thing in Mexico, Puerto Rico, California, Chicago, Miami Beach. (I must say, I don't recall such homelessness in any part of Germany. Beggars and winos, yes, and I presume they're indigent but they don't have a 'tent city' about them).  

Personally, I'm forever discarding stuff - nice stuff because I don't buy junk - from my suitcases in order to make airline baggage allowances as well as to not have to lug 'baggage' from port to port because even though the contents are nice, and, I believe, essential, after a little while of transversing stairs, hills, cobblestone walkways, crowds, etc. I just start to feel like Sisyphus. Maybe the human animal is prone to accumulate irregardless of his wealth or poverty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive