Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

9/23/13

Oasis Hostel revisited

-
Previously I wrote about the managerial change at Oasis Hostel and how that change wasn't for the better. Specifically: son takes over the family business from the father and, with that, came a stark attitudinal adjustment -- and it took us regular guests by surprise. 

Well. I last revisited Oasis Hostel in June and it seems the chip that was on sonny boy's shoulder to "prove himself" is there no more. I'd been through there once before, between now and then, and we had since gotten back on the 'good foot' albeit more polite than friendly, which is nothing to sneeze at. Politeness is a scarce attribute amongst modern folk.

But with my stay this summer I found nothing but good vibes. I had booked a bed for only a couple of nights as I was finally leaving Pto Vallarta for Guadalajara and glad that it was a good good-bye, if you know what a I mean. As a result of that stay at Oasis I learned about The Blue Pepper Hostel and confirmed it as my next destination.

Read about the Blue Pepper in next week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive