Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

8/20/13

My reasons for home-training (PICS)

-
I have no gym membership. They cost a big chunk of money and the environments are increasingly an extension of social media and social 'networking'. The trend is also growing ever more effeminate; which is to say the atmosphere is, pardon my French, full of pussies...with their antibacterial wipes, iphones, brand new matching 'gym' outfits, and roaming eyes.

When the season changes and the temperature dips then, yeah, I'll hunker down and buy a short-term membership (assuming I'm somewhere cold and snowy). I do miss working out at the gym because I like training with weights and smelling the testosterone in the air...or what used to be testosterone. 

In the meantime I train at home with resistance bands, furniture, calisthenics and the outdoors -- and my physique is none too shabby for it! It's doable when one knows what he's doing and can concentrate on doing it.



 Training at home; here I am doing push-ups.
I wear a posing strap or bathing suit to 
allow for freedom of movement and comfort. There's no
need to wear clothes when you're at home.

 Training at the park; here I am mornings using
 the soccer goal post  to do a variety of exercises like
chin-ups (back, chest, hand grip)
wall-sits/wall squats (quadriceps, core);
I can go for 4mins! if I don't do other
leg drills first e.g., burpees or regular squats
 pull-ups (biceps, hand grip).
Of course one wears clothes in public!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive